Join us for a 10 or 15 kilometre night walk on Saturday 22nd June. Register for one of our free charity spaces when you commit to raising £50!22 Jun 19
East Anglian Air Ambulance is proud to announce we are the official charity partner for this years Midsummer Night Walk, organised by the Newmarket Festival Committee.
Register for one of our free charity spaces when you commit to raising a minimum of £50! Please click here to secure your place!
- Saturday 22nd June
- Severals Sports Pavillion, Newmarket
- Event site open from 6.30pm
- Registration from 6.30pm
- Briefing: 7.40pm
- Warm up session: 7.45pm
- Walk start time: 8pm
- Tickets cost £15 for either distance
- 20% Group discount is applied for groups of 5 or more
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
Our 10km walk takes between 90 minutes to 2 hours and the 15km walks takes an average of 3 to 4 hours.
To purchace a non fundraising ticket please visit www.thenewmarketfestival.co.uk/tickets
Health and Safety - There will be first aiders on site. The course is fully signed, please familiarise yourself with the signs you should be following before the start of your walk. Maps will be provided. All participants will walk the first 10km, there will be a split at this point for the more ambitious walkers doing the full 15km.
What to bring
- Wear supportive comfy walking shoes – appropriate for long distances, that you’ve already trained in.
- You can search available websites and decide on the correct training program for you depending on your level of fitness;
- Get friends and family involved download our poster here to place in your workplace, you might even get your company to sponsor your team;
- Accessories – feel free to be daring, you and your friends can dress up getting into the spirit of the event, face painting and anything glow in the dark will be encouraged;
- Keep Hydrated – Although there will be water stations along route, please bring water bottles.
- Money – To keep energy levels high, there will be opportunities to buy refreshments on the night and on route.
- Please be aware that there are no on-site storage facilities.
On the Night
There are no car parking facilities at The Severals, however there are public car parks close to the Severals that you will be able to use during the evening. The Guineas Car Park is remaining open for the event which is the closest car park.
What to wear
We would advise that all participants should wear breathable/waterproof clothing – layers are best as it can get chilly overnight. Please note that there no changing rooms or storage facilities on site. Make sure you wear comfortable footwear. Whilst some colourful merchandise will be available to purchase on the evening, please feel free to dress up in bright colours/ neon face paint to be noticed in the crowds.
What about my personal belongings?
There are no storage facilities on site, so please only bring essential items that you can carry with you. The organisers can not be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
Registration opens from 6.30pm, please go straight to registration before the warm up session.
We welcome friends and family to come along and encourage you along route, to watch and take photos or videos. Please share all social media using the hashtag #Midsummer
There will be refreshments available on the Severals Field at the start of the evening. We will also have feed stations along route and toilet stops, indicated on the map.
Health and Safety
There will be first aiders on site. The course is fully signed, please familiarise yourself with the signs you should be following before the start of your walk. Maps will be provided. All participants will walk the first 10km, there will be a split at this point for the more ambitious walkers doing the full 15km.
Need Help? Ask Us a Question
Use our helpful downloads to boost your fundraising!