Are you a teacher or someone who works in education? We’d love to support you in fundraising and raising awareness for East Anglian Air Ambulance in the classroom virtually!
Please complete the form below and a member of the team will be in touch to chat about ways you could get your students involved this June.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Request sunflower seeds here for your class to hold a sunflower growing competition at school
- Learn more about obtaining multiple entries in the Virtual Balloon race which starts on June 2nd by clicking here. By entering a balloon, students will need to design their own balloon and consider what materials will help it to fly the furthest!
Encourage your class to write a poem from the point of view of:
- A doctor on board the helicopter
- Someone who is hurt and needs help from the East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Someone who sees the air ambulance fly over their house
Use our numerical facts to create some real-life maths puzzles:
- Each mission costs on average £3500
- EAAA is tasked to 8 missions a day (on average)
- The helicopters average speed is 158mph
- The helicopter can carry enough fuel to last around 2 hours
- East Anglian Air Ambulance was set up in the year 2000 and reached 30,000 missions at the end of 2020.
- In 2020, EAAA was tasked 1,328 times by helicopter and 1,061 times by rapid response vehicle
- The helicopters combined flew 88,800 miles